[Ffmpeg-devel-irc] ffmpeg.log.20140329

burek burek021 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 03:00:01 CEST 2014

[02:42] <kyle__> Incase anyone searches the logs for questions and answers, it turns out I have to tell ffmpeg the subtitle codec is dvdsub, so it converts dvdsub to dvdsub, instead of copying it.
[09:27] <zoidey> Hello. I'm trying to find out what compile time options are required for the following command: ffmpeg -y -i 1010677091.webm -vcodec mjpeg -an -q:v 8 -vf fade=in:0:30:color=black 1010677091.mov
[09:27] <zoidey> It runs with one ffmpeg binary I have, but with another it fails with:
[09:27] <zoidey> Option 'color' not found
[09:27] <zoidey> Error initializing filter 'fade' with args 'in:0:30:color=black'
[09:56] <ubitux> zoidey: probably too old
[09:57] <ubitux> it was added "recently"
[09:57] <ubitux> you'll find the feature in the latest stable, and maybe the one before, 'cant remember
[10:05] <zoidey> ah, makes sense, I'm using different versions
[10:05] <zoidey> thanks!
[13:28] <jnvsor> I'm trying to remove a streaming key from ffmpeg output but if I do I don't get the framerate output unless I use a command and flush the output
[15:38] <relaxed> jnvsor: do what?
[15:54] <CokaCola> Was using audacity to convert MP3s to signed 16bit pcm wav files
[15:54] <CokaCola> Can't seem to get it to work with ffmpeg
[15:54] <CokaCola> my output file is larger(has a higher bitrate) but -b(or -b:a) option seems to have no effect on the output file
[15:55] <CokaCola> Wait..nope I got it nevermind :p
[15:55] <jnvsor> relaxed: I have a twitch key I'm streaming to, I can remove it with sed but then I don't get fps updates
[16:04] <klaxa> what?
[17:53] <ffmpeg_simple> Hi, I am interested to use the ffmpeg for a project in Matlab.
[17:54] <ffmpeg_simple> I would like to be able to use audio encode/decode passing an array to ffmpeg, along with the codec to be used, and array size.
[17:55] <ffmpeg_simple> I have managed to do the ffmpeg-matlab integration, and now I would like to understand how to easily pass the array to ffmpeg, instead of the default solution: via files on the disk
[17:59] <ffmpeg_simple> being a rusty programmer, I got lost in the examples included in the documentation
[17:59] <ffmpeg_simple> is there anyone who could guide calling the audio coding/decoding methods with array as arguments ?
[22:11] <active8> Have I croosed into the realm of the impossible? I captured a screen (x11grab) while a youtube was playing and I noticed that as I was moving the pavucontrol slider, the sound and video wasnt in sync and the ends of video and audio didn't coincide, of course. So I had the audio bit rate set wrong or something. Is there any way to find out the bit rates and all that, is there.
[22:12] <klaxa> maybe your command line is wrong, can you pastebin your commandline and the complete output?
[22:25] <active8> klaxa. ok. one sec or three
[22:27] <active8> klaxa: here ya go: http://pastebin.com/10xHN5an
[22:28] <active8> you reminded me of those other errors I meant to ask about. THe DTS and out of order (IIRC) stuff
[22:29] <klaxa> as expected, you put the -r 30 before -i :0.0 which means that ffmpeg will wait until x11grab has provided 30 frames and will put those into one second
[22:29] <klaxa> put -r 30 after -i :0.0 and try again
[22:34] <active8> I'm letting it run. My notes have that command highlighted as the one that worked a month ago on another video I just watched it. Either the sound was synced correctly or I suck. Heh, Now that I think of it, there wasn't much visual cue to determine that.
[22:38] <active8> damn klaxa. The errors are gone and the volume tracks with me moving the sliders. This is one of the top 2 irc channels, IMO.
[22:39] <klaxa> :)
[22:40] <active8> The reason I was playing with the sliders was it sounded garbled at one point and the levels were pegging the "VU meter" at the time so I thought it might be clipping. The one from a month ago didn't do that.
[22:40] <active8> it still garbles, BTW.
[22:41] <klaxa> hm... it's not the audio source? maybe the resampling does it
[22:43] <active8> no. sounds great. If you never saw Shadow of the Sword, I can't reccommed it because I fell asleep. I woke up just as this awesome gal started singing the chorus of the ending theme soneg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU75eBAKISU
[22:44] <active8> I don't think I have any more processes running this time, compared to last. The only thing that beats this box to death is firefox with 20, 000 tabs open
[22:45] <active8> I'm running it with the pavucontrol at 50% to see.
[22:48] <active8> no joy. at least I got it sync'd with none of those errors. Those 2 of 6 cores running virtual XP shouldn't matter.
[23:04] <jnvsor> How can I prevent desync in screen capture? The audio seems to desync randomly between 10 and 1 second every half hour
[23:12] <active8> klaxa: I let that run without touching the slider and (3rd time with distractions) I'm not hearing that garbling.
[23:12] <active8> I hope I didn't just lie
[23:12] <klaxa> heh
[23:16] <active8> Sounds smooth and clear as a bell. I'm ffmpegged out for the day, klaxa. Thank you very much for your help.
[00:00] --- Sun Mar 30 2014