[Ffmpeg-devel] PATCH: Build Suffix

charlie charles.yates
Thu Jul 28 11:07:09 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I wondered if you might consider this patch - it's a build on a previous
patch to allow applications to install multiple versions of the shared
libraries (in particular, it's geared toward framework usage).

The usage is as follows:

./configure --enable-shared --build-suffix=.mlt
make
sudo make install

You will then get installed versions of ffmpeg.mlt, ffplay.mlt and both
libavformat and libavcodec are similarly decorated. In theory at least,
it should be possible to have multiple builds without clashing (I've
only tested two instances).

I'm not sure about the ldconfig usage though - in the current CVS,
invoking ldconfig via the sudo make install fails because it's not on
the path - this patch assumes it's in /sbin which may not be correct for
all distros? Anyone care to comment?

Cheers,

Charlie