[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug: libav*.pc files broken

Ulrich von Zadow coder
Tue Jul 25 21:03:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

ffmpeg produces broken libav*.pc files under mac os x. For instance,
libavformat.pc looks like this:

   prefix=/Users/uzadow/libavg
   exec_prefix=${PREFIX}
   libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
   includedir=${PREFIX}/include

   Name: libavformat
   Version: 50.5.0
   Requires:  libavcodec = 51.10.0
   Conflicts:
   Libs: -L${libdir} -lavformat  -lz
   Cflags: -I${includedir} -I${includedir}/ffmpeg

Note the all-capital PREFIX in lines 2 and 4. As a consequence,
"pkg-config --libs libavformat" simply outputs "Variable 'PREFIX' not
defined in '/Users/uzadow/libavg/lib/pkgconfig/libavformat.pc'"

Regards,

   Uli

PS: Are the developers of ffmpeg interested in bug reports? Is there a
consistent way for users of the library to find out when/if bugs are fixed?