[FFmpeg-devel] frame type identification question

Victor lyamtsev vlyamtsev
Mon Oct 15 22:59:42 CEST 2007

Thank you,
Can you, please, clarify the term "key" frame? 'I-' frame ?Reference frame?
What I am looking for actually, is capability to drop some frames from H264
stream , as response to lower bandwidth without actual re- encoding of
frames with lower bitrate.
I would appreciate better idea, though.
Thanks again,
-v