[FFmpeg-devel] Impossible to compile ffmpeg under Debian

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Oct 18 13:57:07 CEST 2007

Gianluigi Tiesi a ?crit :
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:20:19AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:04:23AM +0200, Jean-Michel Pour? wrote:
>>> Some days ago, Christian Marillat reported that it was impossible to
>>> compile ffmpeg/libavcodec packages under Debian. Any idea where the
>>> problem comes from? Was it fixed lately?
>> Sure.  My crystal ball tells me that fiendish aliens have been using
>> force fields to obstruct the flow of cosmic energies in Christian's
>> machine.  The fact that the aliens have decided to sabotage FFmpeg first
>> should give us all pause.  It is a rare compliment to receive but it
>> carries along a great responsibility.
>>
>> Now everybody remember that the survival of the human race rests on our
>> shoulders.  If we are to remain victorious in this epic conflict we must
>> not succumb to darkness.  The pureness of our hearts is our most potent
>> defense.  We must preserve it at any cost.
>>

> lol
> now problems here
> Debian sid x86
>
> side note: I don't like marillat's binaries :)
>
> Bye

Now that helps a lot... It could be "No problems here" or "Now, problems
here", how could we know? And "I dont like" is not very constructive
either. On a par with software that prints only one message, "Fatal error".

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director