[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg and vlc non-standard MPEG2 TS sequence

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Oct 19 01:57:01 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 06:58:25PM -0400, Jeff Downs wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > there was a google summer of code project to write a better mpeg ts
> > muxer, you can find the code in the soc svn
> > help to clean that up, split it into selfcontained and clean patches
> > and submit it for inclusion in ffmpeg is welcome
> > (and of course if you could tests the compliance of the streams generated
> > by the soc mpeg ts muxer that would also be very valuable for correcting
> > bugs in it ...)
>
> Has anyone examined the soc ts muxer in any detail?

ive only examined what was needed for reviewing the patches posted, ive not
reviewed its mpeg compliance at all
maybe baptiste could provide some small mpeg samples generated by it, so
people who are interrested and have the right equipment/software could test
it?

> If its
> good/significantly better than what we have, I'd be willing to put some

i fear everything is significantly better than our current mpeg ts muxer

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates