[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] mov edl desync fix

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Jan 9 23:20:51 CET 2009

Hi Reimar,

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> I am really certain this is wrong (does FFmpeg even allow negative
> timestamps? They mean the thing you might naively assume them to mean
> in this case, namely parts that are "before" the start of the track/video).
> Nevertheless it works quite nicely...
> At the very least the debug message should be changed to print the track
> and the exact delay in seconds so it can be fixed manually.
> A sample currently is available here:
> http://www.doppelbauer.name/desync.mov
> but I guess there are also some somewhere on samples @mphq.

Well I'd love to get this fixed, and I would not mind such hack after
all, but the problems I see here are:

- This is valid if only 1 edit list element is present, so this would
need to be checked.
- The time value refers to the pts not the dts according to specs,
typically this value is 1 for there is delay (first pts is 1 and first
dts is 0)

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no