[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] ALSA: implement channel layout for playback.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Mar 26 18:54:30 CET 2011

Nicolas George <nicolas.george <at> normalesup.org> writes:

> Le sextidi 6 germinal, an CCXIX, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> > I still believe that should be AV_CH_LAYOUT_5POINT1.
>
> I am pretty certain that should not:
>
> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-utils.git;a=blob;f=speaker-test/
speaker-test.c#l128

> static const int        channels6[] = {
>   0, /* Front Left  */
>   4, /* Center      */
>   1, /* Front Right */
>   3, /* Rear Right  */
>   2, /* Rear Left   */

("... allein mir fehlt der Glaube")

Thank you for the link!
I just tested speaker-test -c 6 and heard sound through (front left, center,
front right) side left and side right. I heard nothing from the rear speakers.
When using speaker-test -c 8, I hear sound through the rear speakers when
speaker-test outputs "rear" (and through side when "side" is shown).

I will add AV_CH_LAYOUT_5POINT1 to the _BACK case, I do not have a _BACK sample
to test (and it may be a good idea to output AV_CH_LAYOUT_5POINT1 and _BACK
identically).

Carl Eugen