[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter: invoking another filter from a filter

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:40:13 CET 2013

On date Monday 2013-03-04 23:56:38 +0100, Georg Martius encoded:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to call another filter from within a filter?
> For instance I need a box-blur at the beginning of my processing and an
> unsharpen after my processing.
> It should be automatically added to the filter-graph by my filter such that less
> errors can be made.

Right now the only auto-insertion happens when negotiating formats
(and the framework code auto-inserts scale/resample as required).

I guess the code could be extended in order to support a sort of
custom per-filter hook during graph building.

Why do you exactly need to insert the two filters (also: wouldn't be
that eccessively computationally demanding)?
--
FFmpeg = Fabulous & Fascinating Mournful Perfectionist Enlightened Guru