[FFmpeg-devel] flag naming conventions?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Mar 9 13:22:42 CET 2013

René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm working on including my highres timing functions
> in libavutil/*/timer.h

If START_TIMER / STOP_TIMER are not sufficient for
your needs (are they really?), why don't you extend
them?

> Given in how many files this header is included,
> and also to avoid introducing cross-library
> dependencies for a single global variable

I may misunderstand but I think you should not add
global variables to a library.

I suggest you send what you have so far ("RFC"), the
name of possible defines can still be discussed.

Carl Eugen