[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] ffplay opengl branch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 08:08:36 CET 2013

On 17 Mar 2013, at 23:15, Marton Balint <cus at passwd.hu> wrote:
> In the past few weeks I've managed to extend the current ffplay code to use openGL for displaying the video.
>
> The ffplay opengl branch can be found in my github repository:
> https://github.com/cus/ffplay.git

Minor note: OpenGL by default assumes lines to be aligned to 4 bytes, and setting the row stride alone does not change that, so I think you'd get some strange output for that case.
Also the non-powerof-two support requirement means it won't run on many, many older GPUs, while in reality in my testing not being any faster (note: for most drivers glSubTexImage2D is preferable, repeated glTexImage2D can lead to memory fragmentation, it's like using av_free/av_malloc repeatedly instead of av_fast_malloc).