[FFmpeg-devel] I want to see my project on FFmpeg projects page

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:06:33 CET 2013

On Mar 19, 2013, at 06:26, Wang Bin wrote:

> Adding a slider is easy. But I want to add a semitransparent slider, it's
> hard if use Qt's widget. Using Qt Graphics View Framework is a solution,
> but the painting engine is hard to extend.

It's your call of course, but I'd be careful not to fall for a form-over-function approach. Besides, how would you use the transparency if the content being played is audio only, or a video track that is not or hardly higher than the slider (cursor would be the more appropriate term).
But it should of course be possible to chose between an opaque, "simple", below-the-content cursor and a superposed slider of a selectable transparency.

> timecode seems interesting, i will do some study on it.

I have an application (QuickTime based) that uses a timecode track to 1) store the recording's time-of-day information and 2) keep playback synchronised with drift and rounding errors of the recorder clock. QuickTime TimeCode tracks are created with segments that basically record an absolute starting time, a duration and a number of samples; I don't know to what extent FFmpeg supports TC tracks containing multiple segments with different sampling rates.

René