[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] H.264 MVC decoder

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Wed Feb 5 16:47:41 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 04:24:11PM +0100, Gerion Entrup wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see you have MVC as a GSoC-project. There is an existing implementation, I
> found it recently as a master thesis [1]. The original code you can find at
> github [2].
>
> I've cleaned it up (remove temporary files, reformat, ...), see the attached
> patch.
> The patch applies against commit 69cc119d (0.11.x release branch, I think),
> just like the original code. The code compiles, I have not tested it. If you
> like the code, I would try to merge it into master (but not until next month,
> feel free to do it earlier ;)). Please comment. I do not have the skills
> (yet?) to review the code quality-wise.
>
> The original author is CCed.
>
> Regards,
> Gerion

Your diff contains thousands of commented out lines. Drop them.
Then you have tones of reindented lines. Restore the original indent, it
will be reindented in a later patch.
Also drop all the configure debug scripts and unrelated diff (commented
printf in ffplay for instance... wtf?) that don't belong in the patch.
Then suggest how we can test it and state what works and what doesn't.
Then create a proper git-format patch and resubmit it.

The current diff is a pure horror, totally unreviewable, so please at
least do what I suggested above so we can consider a review.

Thanks,

--
Clément B.