[FFmpeg-devel] 100m acceptable input?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:45:54 CEST 2014

Hello.  A couple of feedbacks were received today on "ffmpeg command line
interface" so thought I'd share them here in case they'd be helpful.

1.

ffmpeg -r 25 -f dshow -i video=XXX

This actually "overrides" the input PTS from dshow and treats it "as if" it
were 25 fps.  This is insanely confusing to beginners.  Perhaps show a
warning message when they use this option and it's not a raw type? Just
throwing it out there.

2.

ffmpeg -f dshow -rtbufsize 100m -i video=XXX

This actually sets the rtbufsize to *0* which cannot be expected.
 Suggestion/feature request: warn when they enter something less than 0
this way.

I'd be happy to do a patch for number 2 here, if it had a chance of being
accepted.

Cheers.
-roger-