[FFmpeg-devel] add HEVC codec into flv format

Steven Liu lingjiujianke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:40:12 CEST 2014

On Jun 4, 2014, at 10:34 PM, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:

>> Yes I see, because the Strongene James is my friend,
>> Strongene’s hevc codec is private, so have not support in ffmpeg mainline,
>> but x265 have supported in ffmpeg, why don’t support the codec in flv now?
>
> I have many friends too and even if many of them are imaginary that
> doesn't mean  you can add an imaginary identifier to flv.
x265 is different with Strongene’s HEVC, because x265 is open & free & open source,
use this codec’s people is more and more, so add the codec id into there ffmpeg flv mixer.
of course, if you don’t want use this patch, perhaps some other will use it, I just send it out for some one
to know how to support the hevc in their flv.

thanks :-)