[FFmpeg-devel] add HEVC codec into flv format

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jun 7 11:43:24 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:59:12AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> > > You're confusing mplayer and ffmpeg here.
> >
> > Oh, you wish. Personally I'd be content if ffmpeg stopped _producing_
> > broken files (that only ffmpeg can demux).
>
> Oh, FFS, +1000.
>
> Seriously, this is ridiculous. Adding support for decoding BROKEN files
> is OK, but producing out-of-spec files/streams is really stupid, since
> FFmpeg is the default encoder in so many real-life cases...

which tickets describe these bugs ?

or should i assume that you guys dont report issues where
out of spec output is generated and rather collect these for the case
that a chance emerges to use them in an argument ?

[...]

Thanks

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates