[FFmpeg-devel] add HEVC codec into flv format

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 8 12:40:44 CEST 2014

On 04.06.2014, at 15:56, Steven Liu <lingjiujianke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Let’s support HEVC into fly format.
> Some people and some scene need to support hevc codec in flv format.
> Perhaps this patch would useful..

As a constructive comment: if someone absolutely needs unofficial HEVC support,
I'd strongly suggest picking a value that is far from anything Adobe is likely to use.
I don't know what the max value possible to store is, but assuming it is a single byte, e.g. 218 (just picked out randomly) should be safer.
In addition all such files should be marked as non-standard in an easily recognizable way, e.g. by adding a special metadata tag.