[FFmpeg-devel] intent of 'lsf' variable in libavformat/mp3enc.c mp3_write_xing() ?

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 00:29:46 CEST 2014

On Jun 20, 2014 10:58 AM, "Jason Vas Dias" <jason.vas.dias at synchronoss.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday 19 June 2014 21:23:07 Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 07:07:02PM +0100, Jason Vas Dias wrote:
> > > Thanks for responding, Michael -
> > > Actually, I checked out the GIT HEAD, then checked out the latest
'stable'
> > > tag 'n2.2.3'. Sorry, my original mail should have mentioned the
version I
> > > was trying to build.
> > it seems we forgot backporting the bugfix for this
> >
> > Fixed in release/2.2
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > [...]
>
> Hi Michael -
>
>    But what was the fix for this ? How should 'lsf' be initialized - is
'0' OK ?

What Michael meant is that the lsf variable is already removed in master
branch. He just forgot to apply the change in 2.2.* releases too. That is
why your patch will not be applied: because a different fix has been
applied.

Plus, we don't accept patches for release branches except when they have
been applied for master branch.

Timothy