[FFmpeg-user] (no subject)

Anthony Griffiths neuronetv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 22:46:44 EEST 2018

I have a live video stream on a centos 6 server that can be viewed at
http://198.91.92.112:90/mobile/index.m3u8 using nginx and I'm trying to
re-stream this to ffserver (on the same machine) using
ffmpeg-0.10.16-1.el6.x86_64 that I installed with yum. The output video
from ffmpeg can be viewed at http://198.91.92.112:8090/test1.mpg. ffmpeg
starts and runs fine but after about 15-20 seconds the ffmpeg output video
freezes and audio goes silent as well, after a few more seconds it then
unfreezes and runs ok but on resumption the lip sync is way out. This looks
as though the video freezes but the audio doesn't, it carries on in the
background.

This is the ffmpeg command:
ffmpeg -re -y -i http://198.91.92.112:90/mobile/index.m3u8
http://127.0.0.1:8090/feed1.ffm

I've also tried:
ffmpeg -re -y -i http://198.91.92.112:90/mobile/index.m3u8 -framerate 25 -g
50 -s 640x360 -maxrate 600k -bufsize 1200k http://127.0.0.1:8090/feed1.ffm

I get a lot of this in the console with both commands:

skipping 1 segments ahead, expired from playlists1:55:45.80 bitrate=
442.6kbits/s dup=3 drop=0
skipping 1 segments ahead, expired from playlists1:57:57.85 bitrate=
442.5kbits/s dup=253 drop=0
skipping 1 segments ahead, expired from playlists1:58:07.69 bitrate=
442.6kbits/s dup=503 drop=0
skipping 1 segments ahead, expired from playlists2:15:54.59 bitrate=
442.5kbits/s dup=753 drop=0

what can I do to stop this stuttering and freezing? is there a way to keep
the audio and video locked together in sync despite the stuttering? the
original .m3u8 input stream doesn't have this problem. thanks for any ideas.