[FFmpeg-user] Upscaling SD 4x3 to FullHD 16x9 - Aspect Ratio problem

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:54:22 EEST 2018

Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 14:43, Christoph Gerstbauer <
christophgerstbauer at gmail.com> a écrit :

> PROBLEM: But I get only a stretched 16:9 HD version of the 4:3 original
> image. (no black bars at left and right)
>

> ffmpeg -i "F:\scaler test\_5sec.avi" -vf "crop=720:576:0:32, setfield=tff,
> yadif=1:0:0, scale=-1:1080, tinterlace=interleave_top, fieldorder=tff"
> -vcodec ffvhuff -an -s 1920x1080 -aspect 16:9 "F:\scaler
> test\_5sec_fullHDinterlaced.avi"

​The "-s" option is incorrect in your case. From the documentation:
> As an output option, this inserts the scale video filter to the end of
the corresponding filtergraph. Please use the scale filter directly to
insert it at the beginning or some other place.​

The scale video filter will take whatever ends up from your filter, and
scale it without respect to aspect ratio.
To do what you want, you probable have to use a complex filter, where you
create a secondary black source and paste the output of your current filter
into it using the "overlay" filter.