[FFmpeg-user] x11grab segfault when display is closed

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jun 26 17:31:13 EEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 09:04:15 -0500, Matt Garman wrote:
> I am the original poster.  Is the content in the previous email email
> sufficient, or shall I work on generating more debug info?

Assuming it's the same issue for you - you can use my given commands to
check, if you happen to have ffmpeg with debug symbols - then the info
is sufficient. I have made a fix and tested it, I'm rebuilding ffmpeg
once from scratch before I post it to ffmpeg-devel, so that the patch
or some variation of it gets into mainline.

If you build your own ffmpeg anyway, you can use the patch to fix your
copy in the meantime.

Moritz