[FFmpeg-user] Converting .trm files ("ForTheRecord") -- force AAC decoding?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:53:10 EEST 2018

> Here's complete uncut console output from a naive attempt:
>
> pb3:CR24 jhawk$ ffmpeg -c:a aac $t1  t1.wav

For future tries using FFmpeg, the syntax is:
$ ffmpeg -i input output
So, if FFmpeg would support AAC celp, it would be:
$ ffmpeg -c:a aac -i t1.trm out.wav

FFmpeg does not support AAC celp, therefore decoding your
sample is not supported with FFmpeg (including FFmpeg-based
software).
The reason is not so much that it is not trivial to find the
specification but that nobody else (to my knowledge) has been
using this not completely up-to-date technology.

I created ticket #7279, thank you for the sample!

Carl Eugen