[Ffmpeg-devel] how about using posix_memalign?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Mon Apr 11 15:47:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> > Free() on memalign'ed memory gives problems at least on Linux, see the
> > GNOME bugzilla report in my original email.
>
> That was with valgrind only, AFAICS.  free() on memalign()ed memory
> works just fine on Linux, at least since 1995 and probably even
> before.

That's fine, since I use valgrind a lot (for me, it's a cheap and
acceptable memory/call profiler and memory debugger). Anyway, I don't care
enough; disregard the patch if you don't care about this.

The automatic next step is that ffmpeg has never been valgrinded; that
worries me a bit.

Ronald