[Ffmpeg-devel] how about using posix_memalign?

Wolfram Gloger wmglo
Mon Apr 11 16:39:21 CEST 2005

Hi,

> That's fine, since I use valgrind a lot (for me, it's a cheap and
> acceptable memory/call profiler and memory debugger).

Of course, valgrind is an _excellent_ tool, no question.
But if it has problems with memalign that would be a
serious bug.

> The automatic next step is that ffmpeg has never been valgrinded; that
> worries me a bit.

Not true.  I've fixed at least one problem in mpegts.c where the
reporter said "valgrind now doesn't complain any more" afterwards.

Regards,
Wolfram.