[Ffmpeg-devel-old] Native vorbis decoder, unfinished. (was: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Native ogg demuxer)

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Mon Apr 11 18:58:45 CEST 2005

Hi!

2005. ?prilis 11. 18.12-kor Alex Beregszaszi ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
fogalmazta meg:
> Attached is my my start on a vorbis implementation, but sadly it looks
> like I wont have time to finish it (pending since last year).
>
> It has most of the setup packet decoding in it, the actual frame
> decoding is a much easier step.
No. 1.) you have to build the vlc table 2.) you have to decode the floor
3.) you have to decode the residue 4.) inverse coupling 5.) you have to take
the dot product of the floor and the residue 6.) (mdct +)windowing

It might sound easy, but 1.), 2.) and 6.) proved tricky for me (and 3. was/is
wrong in the full html version of the specification).

> Alex Beregszaszi 			e-mail: alex at fsn.hu
> Free Software Network			cell: +36 70 3144424
bye
Denes

--
- Use the Source Luke ! -