[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: libdca (was Re: Patent Infrigement)

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Apr 12 11:39:34 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> So what's the solution going to be?

Start hosting it in every eu country and see how they will have fun
sending C&D all over spending money just to discover the target moves
faster than their letters?
Their patent looks illegal and I'm not sure how much they are confident
if it comes verify it.
> IMO you can worry about lawyers the moment their letters arrive, no need
> to do it beforehand.  The alternative is giving in without putting up a
> fight.  Do you really want to give up complete DVD playback?
What about setting up a different tecnology and propose it to some major
manufacturer and see dts failure?

> Maybe DTS decoding should just be implemented natively in libavcodec,
> chances are that this will remain below their radar.
not sure.

> Diego

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero