[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel-old] H.264 multislice implementation

Champ Yan champ_yen
Wed Apr 13 05:48:12 CEST 2005

> This is wrong. decode_nal_units is an infinite loop
> which decode all the
> NAL in the input buffer. So all the logic is the
> creation of theses
> buffers. In avc mode, it is done by the encoder at
> the mux level and
> ffmpeg use the chunk limit directly, in all other
> modes (raw bitstream),
> it is done by the h264_parse function which smart
> part is find_frame_end
> function. This function already support multiple
> slices (and the rest of
> the code too) when Arbitary Slice Order (ASO) is not
> used (and when
> there is no fields).
After reading the code again, I understand that what
you said is quite right. I also test it and it works
well. I'm very sorry about saying that. Thanks for
your discussion....:)

> To support ASO and fields, we need to write a
> smarter find_frame_end
> which decode SPS and PPS and the beginning of slice
> header, and use the
> relevant chapter of the norm already quoted on this
> list.
> Best Regards.
> P.S.: please use the new list address.
Sorry, I do not note it..I will use the new list
address .
> Lo?
> "heaven is not a place, it's a feeling"

Best regards