[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Indeo 2

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Apr 14 11:47:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:12:33AM +0300, Kostya wrote:
> >Kostya wrote:
> >> I uploaded puppy-raw.avi created from windows decoder (ir21_r.dll) to
> >> incoming
> >
> >With what program did you create it?  As I said, I'm looking for a program
> >that can actually play Indeo 2 content.  MPlayer can't, although I do not
> >have the DLL you mention.  Could you send it over?
> Yes, uploaded it into incoming/, but it is also 16-bit driver :(
> Used to create with Win98+VirtualDub+ir21_r.dll (the last was in package
> with Intel Indeo codecs).

OK, I put the driver in the RT21 dir.

Do you know any player that can play Indeo 2 on Windows?  Which Indeo
codec package did you stumble across?  I found the following:

http://dvd.box.sk/index.php?pid=soft&prj=info&pol=2&rid=4012

It contains IR21.DLL, dunno if it is the same one, I'm on the run now
and will investigate later.

BTW, if you upload something to MPlayer FTP, please also add a .txt file
with the same name so we know what it is.  Otherwise chances are it will
be deleted without investigation.

> >The video you uploaded does not have the coarse blocks on the boy's
> pullover
> >I was talking about in the other mail, so I guess this is still a bug in
> >your decoder.
> >
> I still suspect that's MPlayer colorspace conversion removes blockiness.
> Try ffmpeg -i file -an -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv410p -vtag YVU9 raw.avi
> I tried on puppy and player result in MPlayer (got swapped U and V
> fields but that's OK) and got _NO_ blocks. So it must be MPlayer.

Hmm, I'm still sceptical since the first version of your decoder did not
produce the blocks IIRC.  Unfortunately I do not have it around to
compare right now.  Could you please resend it to me (in private) so I
can compare?

Diego