[Ffmpeg-devel] handle cached frames

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 14 15:52:18 CEST 2005

Hi

On Thursday 14 April 2005 12:34, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for MPEG-1/2/4 movies (and such), it seems like I'm supposed to call
> avframe_decode() with length=0 to get the remaining cached frames
> (B-frames and such). This works fine, but causes issues for Cinepak (and
> maybe more), which will continuously output the last frame (without
> indicating EOS). Should I handle this differently? If so, how?

please do NOT report bugs, ask questions, ... against old versions of
ffmpeg/libav* without clearly saying that its an old version
it just causes us to waste our time until we realize it, and wont lead to any
usefull answers to you anyway
furthermore it confuses everyone who reads such stuff as it simply doesnt
match current ffmpeg

Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond