[Ffmpeg-devel] Snow motion blocks

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat
Fri Apr 15 14:46:26 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Guillaume Poirier wrote:

> Hey Tuukka, if this algorithm/method is so great, how come you did not
> port it to lavc, XviD or x264? That your be awesome! :)

Good question :)

Actually there are some problems with using it with H.264 as H.264
doesn't use bilinear interpolation directly. I implemented the method
into OpenDivX but the code sucks and would need rewrite...
Proper implementation would also require assembly code
(for computing the differentials) and I've been too lazy (busy) to do that.

> ... or maybe it's patented?

No, not as far as I know.