[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: libdca (was Re: Patent Infrigement)

Attila Kinali attila
Sun Apr 17 12:17:37 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:02:07 +0200
Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> Attila Kinali wrote:
> > That's just stupid. After the second time you've been dragged to
> > curt you will not easily get of with a "i didn't know there was a patent"
> > anymore but will be sued for knowingly breaking the law. Or in
> > short: This isn't going to work this way.
> Their patent is illegal, you can't patent methods...
>
> I'm talking with a lawyer to know how much is illegal and if it can be
> invalidated in court w/out problems.

I know that it is illegal, but i definitly do not have the money
to prove that in curt. And that's actually the biggest problem of patents:
if you do not have a huge financial backup, you can be attacked by any
patent, be it valid or not, and thus thorwn out of business.

			Attila Kinali

--
?????????