[Ffmpeg-devel] weird snow segfaults on amd64

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Sun Apr 17 22:59:28 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>>Please tell me if there's anything more I can do; I'd be happy to assist.
>>
>>there are no line numbers in the gdb output ...

What do I need to do to make gdb print the line numbers? MPlayer is
configured with --enable-debug=3 (and gcc is compiling with -g3). I'm
not yet very familiar with gdb; I'm just following the mplayer
bugreporting documentation, unless I'm messing up and doing something dumb.

> btw, maybe try to disable the START/STOP_TIMER macros (a trivial #if ... ->
> #if 0 change in common.h), i think gcc misscompiles them on AMD64

In any case, your hunch seems to be correct, and my amd64 mencoder is
now working and producing data identical to the i386 build (verified
with mplayer -vo md5sum).

I've attached a workaround patch.

-Corey