[Ffmpeg-devel] Theora starus

castet.matthieu at free.fr castet.matthieu
Tue Apr 19 13:23:35 CEST 2005

Hi,
Selon Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>:

> Hi,

> > > No I wasn't refering to vp3 code, I was refering to the code to
> > > support theora via libtheora : CONFIG_LIBTHEORA, oggtheora_decoder,
> >
> > if there is noone who will finish/fix/maintain it, then it should be
> > removed
>
> I added the Theora support for VP3 and it worked right, there was no
> need to fix and anything left. Since them some time ago someone
> committed a change into it, and since then, some people complain it is
> broken, while other state it is not. Try reverting that patch before
> removing completely.

First I repeat I wasn't refering to theora contain in vp3 but to incomplete code
added in order to have another theora encoder/decoder using libtheora.

Then could you explain us how to make work your native theora decoder :
actually there no support for theora in ogg in ffmpeg. Mplayer don't pass any
extradata and the decoder refuse to init.
If I patch ffmpeg ogg to support theora, the theora accept the video stream, but
the result is a grey or green picture.
May be the problem is just in the init and everybody will be happy to use your
decoder.

Matthieu