[Ffmpeg-devel] More spelling errors.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Apr 25 12:54:26 CEST 2005

Hi

On Monday 25 April 2005 11:27, Erik Slagter wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 11:34 -0600, Mike Melanson wrote:
> > Kevin Baragona wrote:
> > > -        // In deblocking, the quantiser is 0
> > > +        // In deblocking, the quantizer is 0
> >
> >  Oh no... this could start a flame war that rivals the patent
> > discussions! British vs. American English.
> >
> >  Naturally, I favor the American variant, which is often a more
> > efficient method of encoding the English language (e.g., no superfluous
> > 'u' characters in such words as 'color', 'honor', and 'humor'). I think
> > that feature would appeal to members of this list.
> >
> >  :)
>
> Ouch. I kind of like the redundancy of the English English encoding. Do
> you also want to write 'u' and '4' instead ;-) ;-) (some of us already
> do ;-))

ok, & IMHO replace all duplicate leters by single 1s, its just a lame waste of
space, i also vote 4 replacing all upercase with lowercase leters in coments
& strings, that should improve compresability, iam stil undecided if " " & \n
r worth it | !

Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond