[Ffmpeg-devel] ac3enc.c bit allocation fix

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Mon Apr 25 20:01:56 CEST 2005

Hello,
While adding stereo rematrixing, I came across something that needs to
be fixed even without adding the feature.  The output correctly uses 4
dummy values for the rematrixing flags in block-0, but the bit
allocation routine does not take these bits into account.  From what I
can tell, there was a patch in 2003 that corrected the output to make it
DVD and spec compatible, but it didn't correct the bit allocation.  It's
only 4 bits over the entire 6 blocks, so overflow errors would happen
rarely or never, but it's still worth fixing.  So here is a fix.
-Justin