[Ffmpeg-devel] bug in decoding of WMA V2 files

Pascal Cuoq pascal_cuoq
Wed Apr 27 09:46:54 CEST 2005

Benjamin Larsson <banan at student.luth.se> wrote:

>this is a known bug that has been in the decoder since it was added to
>ffmpeg. Nobody seams to be able to fix it either.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I took a deeper look at the problem, and I have reached the
point where it would really be useful to have some kind of
specification to refer to.  I would like to at least isolate the
problematic frames so that someone would be able to
"debug" Windows Media Player (I mean, understand why it does
not behave like mplayer on these frames :) ).

http://www.wotsit.org/ does not have anything about WMA.
Does anyone know where to find documents about WMA?
What source of information was the implementation of the
ffmpeg decoder based on?

Pascal