[Ffmpeg-devel] How to let "Press [q] to stop encoding" works for MinGW?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Apr 27 10:48:48 CEST 2005

Bo Xie wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I've checked the following code in ffmpeg.c
> -------------
> #ifndef CONFIG_WIN32
>     if ( !using_stdin && verbose >= 0) {
>         fprintf(stderr, "Press [q] to stop encoding\n");
>         url_set_interrupt_cb(decode_interrupt_cb);
>     }
> #endif
> -------------
>    I mean how to let "Press [q] to stop encoding" works for MinGW?
>
>    Thank you very much!
>
> Best Regards,
> Xie Bo

First you remove the #if. I think it shaould compile fine, but since
this is Mingw, not Cygwin, the system API is the WIN32API, so you dont
have tcsetattr and things like that. So, you will have to fill in the
stubs for term_init, read_key etc in ffmpeg.c using goody oldy kbhit and
getch.

When that works, post a patch!

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles