[Ffmpeg-devel] Joining Multiple Input Streams

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Aug 1 16:36:21 CEST 2005

Brad wrote:
> First of all, is there any plan to add such a feature into ffmpeg?

What do you mean exactly by 'join'? What kind of 'multiple input
streams'? Are they supposed to occur one after the other (i.e. join
meaning concatenate) or simultaneously (join means muxing).

If one after the other: then some formats are can be simply
concatenated, like MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. For some others there exist
special tools like avijoin.

If simultaneously: then ffmpeg can already mux 1 audio and 1 video stream.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director