[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation for Windows under Cygwin

Martin Boehme boehme
Thu Aug 4 18:56:29 CEST 2005

Hi Vincent,

> I need to develop an application using FFMpeg which must compile with
> Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003. My first problem is to get FFMpeg
> compiled under Cygwin.

I think you should be using MinGW, not Cygwin (they're similar, but
whereas Cygwin is focused on providing an environment that feels as much
like Unix to the code as possible, MinGW tries to create DLLs and
executables that "play well" in a Windows environment).

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics