[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Joining Multiple Input Streams

Viktor Kompaneyets vato
Fri Aug 5 18:43:59 CEST 2005

Michel Bardiaux wrote:

> Brad wrote:
>> First of all, is there any plan to add such a feature into ffmpeg?
>
> What do you mean exactly by 'join'? What kind of 'multiple input
> streams'? Are they supposed to occur one after the other (i.e. join
> meaning concatenate) or simultaneously (join means muxing).
>
> If one after the other: then some formats are can be simply
> concatenated, like MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. For some others there exist
> special tools like avijoin.
>
> If simultaneously: then ffmpeg can already mux 1 audio and 1 video stream.

Another question - if I have to mux 4 video and 4 audio elementary streams
(with the same parameters) to produce 4 program streams in one transport
(rtp in my case)?

Should I use 4 examples of ffmpeg and an auxilliary muxer - or I can put in
one wrapper inside ffmpeg?  And where?

--
Viktor Kompaneyets
Wnet project manager