[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT]libavutil / separate build directory

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Aug 8 15:27:41 CEST 2005

Hi

On Monday 08 August 2005 10:09, Andy Parkins wrote:
> On Saturday 2005 August 06 14:04, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > <offtopic>anyone knows some nice MUA, i must kill kmail, it just ate 8
> > mails after i run out of diskspace -> yes if anyone mailed me something
> > in the last 2-3 hours send it again</offtopic>
>
> I recommend sticking with kmail, but use it as an IMAP client instead.
> That way courier/uw-imap/whatever is responsible for not eating your mail.
> I've found it to be very reliable YMMV.

* my mail provider doesnt supprt IMAP
* eating of mails is just one little issue with kmail, there are others like
that it sometimes stops reacting for several _minutes_, ok that happens
rarely but it does, and its memory requirements seem to increase with every
new release while i havnt seen any usefull new features since years
* furthermore kmail depends upon a huge amount of useless bloated kde crap, i
dont use kde, so if i kill kmail & kwrite i would have a significnatly nicer
and faster system ...

ok, so why didnt i switch away from it long ago, well thats simple, lazyness,
and its a lot of work as when i long ago switched from windo$ to linux i was
too lazy to configure the mail stuff correctly, so everything was handled by
kmail until recently, now its fetchmail->procmail->kmail at least but half of
my filters still need to be converted from kmail to procmail ones

Michael