[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT]libavutil / separate build directory

Måns Rullgård mru
Tue Aug 9 12:49:38 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer said:
> Hi
>
> On Monday 08 August 2005 10:09, Andy Parkins wrote:
>> On Saturday 2005 August 06 14:04, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> > <offtopic>anyone knows some nice MUA, i must kill kmail, it just ate 8
>> > mails after i run out of diskspace -> yes if anyone mailed me something
>> > in the last 2-3 hours send it again</offtopic>
>>
>> I recommend sticking with kmail, but use it as an IMAP client instead.
>> That way courier/uw-imap/whatever is responsible for not eating your mail.
>> I've found it to be very reliable YMMV.
>
> * my mail provider doesnt supprt IMAP

Be your own provider.

> * eating of mails is just one little issue with kmail, there are others like
> that it sometimes stops reacting for several _minutes_, ok that happens
> rarely but it does, and its memory requirements seem to increase with every
> new release while i havnt seen any usefull new features since years
> * furthermore kmail depends upon a huge amount of useless bloated kde crap, i
> dont use kde, so if i kill kmail & kwrite i would have a significnatly nicer
> and faster system ...

I use Gnus/Emacs (OK, this is sent with SquirrelMail), and I'm quite happy
with it.  It has several nice features like top-post fixing, line wrapping
preserving correct quotation, and is of course infintely configurable, for
those who are willing to write a little Lisp, at least.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com