[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT]libavutil / separate build directory

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Aug 9 13:56:22 CEST 2005

Hi

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:49:38AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
> > * eating of mails is just one little issue with kmail, there are others like
> > that it sometimes stops reacting for several _minutes_, ok that happens
> > rarely but it does, and its memory requirements seem to increase with every
> > new release while i havnt seen any usefull new features since years
> > * furthermore kmail depends upon a huge amount of useless bloated kde crap, i
> > dont use kde, so if i kill kmail & kwrite i would have a significnatly nicer
> > and faster system ...
>
> I use Gnus/Emacs (OK, this is sent with SquirrelMail), and I'm quite happy
> with it.  It has several nice features like top-post fixing, line wrapping
> preserving correct quotation, and is of course infintely configurable, for
> those who are willing to write a little Lisp, at least.

i dont like emacs, anyways as you can probably see from the headers iam using
mutt now, not sure if ill keep using it or try something else
the things i dont like on it so far are
* anti multitasking design ;) i liked to be able to look through new messages
and open several reply windows while doing so or write a mail while looking
through other mails
* mutt is slower then kmail when entering a folder with many mails
* i need some useable editor for mutt, (using kwrite now but well thats lame)

Michael