[Ffmpeg-devel] ./configure suggestion

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Wed Aug 10 00:52:32 CEST 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
"Steven M. Schultz" <sms at 2BSD.COM> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 10:34:06AM -0700, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> > > Hi -
> > >
> > > 	I've consolidated the 3 changes to ./configure into one patch.
> > >
> > > 	1. Remove the extraneous "-d" in the Darwin LDFLAGS
> > >
> > > 	2. Add -lavutil to the Libs: section of the libavcodec .pc file
> > >
> > > 	3. Add -maltivec to the CFLAGS when using the gcc on OSX - this
> > > 	will
> > > 	   enable the vectorized mem* routines and remove the warning:
> >
> > separate patches / commits are prefered, see the docs, cvs policy i
> > think
>
> 	The -lavutil was also (re)submitted.  Nothing came of it.

This patch is wrong and anyway, it's already fixed in CVS !

$ ./configure
[..blabla..]
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=.
$ export PKG_CONFIG_DISABLE_UNINSTALLED=yes
$ pkg-config --libs libavutil
-L/usr/local/lib -lavutil
$ pkg-config --libs libavcodec
-L/usr/local/lib -lavcodec -lm -lz -ldl -lavutil
$ pkg-config --libs libavformat
-L/usr/local/lib -lavformat -lavcodec -lm -lz -ldl -lavutil

Aurel