[Ffmpeg-devel] question on submitting changes ...

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu Aug 11 11:11:28 CEST 2005

Brown, Mike said:
> I've made a small change to ffmpeg to allow ffmpeg to process Microsoft WMV
> format files that contain script streams (aka command media).  This change
> allows the files to be processed but ignores the script stream.
>
> I'm new to ffmpeg and since the mplayer docs are offline I don't have
> information on the details of submitting changes back to ffmpeg.  If this
> functionality is of interest would someone let me know the procedure for
> submitting the changes?

Run "cvs diff -u", and post the output to the mailing list as an attachment.

> In addition, I've changed the default MPEG TS PIDs for a particular
> application.  The mailing list archive has a couple of messages from another
> person asking about adding logic to support the ability change PIDs from the
> command line.  Is there interest in adding this functionality or should I
> continue to modify the constants in the source?

Anything that depends on specific PIDs being used for audio or video is
broken, IMHO.  That said, if there is a clean way of implementing PID
selection, I'd be OK with adding that.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com