[Ffmpeg-devel] Building a network streaming solution.

Bogdan Mustiata bogdanm
Mon Aug 15 15:22:13 CEST 2005

    Hi,

    I am trying to develop a client/server application using FFmpeg, but
with streaming support (a VoIP kind of thing). I am interested if you
have a small example to code/encode buffers of a selected codec but with
opening a stream other than a file. I've looked on both apiexample.c
provided with FFmpeg and also Martin Bohme's example, but they both do
not provide an example with network streaming.
    I would be glad if you can help me either by pointing me to a source
that has network streaming support (not too complex I hope :-) ), either
explaining me how a stream can be open (not file - I saw that there is a
function called av_open_input_stream()... and I belive it does open
network streams...).

  Bogdan