[Ffmpeg-devel] Win32 unresolved external symbol

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Aug 31 18:45:31 CEST 2005

Federico Joselevich wrote:
> a3br() {
>
> MB> You have to add libgcc.a to the build (mine is in
> MB> C:\MinGW\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2)
>
> Ok. How do you do this? I have searched the web and readed the
> manuals and i can't realize how to include this on the make. Yes, i
> touched the config.mak to put something like
>
> EXTRALIBS=-lm -llibgcc

My mistake. You dont add them to the Mingw build of the lav libs, but to
the MSVC build of your app. In MSVC7: main menu/PROJEFT/PROPERTIES. Pick
LINKER then INPUT, then ADDITIONAL DEPENDENCIES, then the [...] box at
the right, and add the full path to libgcc.a (or copy it when you
install libavcodec.lib, so as not to have any mix of mingw and msvc
directories)

Please tell me, whether it works or not, since you are de facto guinea
pigs for the doc rewrite in question...

You could also edit your own vcproj by hand and add libgcc.a after
libavcodec.lib and libavformat.lib. Take a backup since this is quick
but dirty and I wont guarantee MSVC will gladly load your vcproj after that!

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be