[Ffmpeg-devel] Dr DivX OSS out with ffmpeg inside

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Thu Dec 1 18:25:29 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

DivX has released yesterday their new Open Source project : Dr DivX 2.
It's like the old DrDivX but using open source code, and offering the
rest for free.

It uses a slightly modified version of FFMPEG built with MSVC. To avoid
confusion with the "official builds" it's called DrFFMPEG.dll. The
source code can be found on SourceForge.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145411&package_id=
159960&release_id=374966

It uses the MS Baseclasses for DirectShow access too.

Among other changes (that I can remember):
-	fixes some asserts & memory leaks
-	add the possibility to encode video using the DivX DLL
-	add a "multi:" file protocol that simulates concatenation
-	add AC3, AAC and DTS decoding through DirectShow (as we use the
LGPL license)
-	add capture code using DirectShow (not 100% finished but
working)