[Ffmpeg-devel] av_seek_frame() issues with audio from MPEG-TS

Andy Brown abrown
Wed Dec 7 12:54:08 CET 2005

I will try today with a video frame that is further into the file.  However
I do know that this is not the first audio frame.  The video PTS is
0x110362B4.  The first audio PTS is 0x1102BE7A.  In fact, if I hardcode the
PTS to search for (instead of the video PTS) to say 0x11029999 it will
return for me the audio frame with a PTS of 0x110323BA.  So I know there are
audio frames with earlier PTS's and I know that the av_seek_frame() can
return these frames.  Strangely enough, if I instead hardcode the PTS to
0x11030000 the returned audio PTS will now jump to 0x110388FA.

One thing I failed to mention before is that the time_base for the audio and
video is the same:
 num = 1
 den = 0x15F90

which matches the 90kHz reference clock of the MPEG PTS.

Also both streams have exactly the same start_time: 0xBD020B84

Andy