[Ffmpeg-devel] time for a release?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sat Dec 10 21:41:16 CET 2005

Hi,
On 12/10/05, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> it's been a while since the last release and since then there has been a
> lot of development and many new features have been added to FFmpeg along
> with fixes for a good deal of bugs.  In short, I think it's time to make
> a new release.

I thought that the new release was due "before Armageddon ;-P"

Even though GW Bush did say once again fuck to the Kyoto Protocol
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/12/10/climate.conference.ap/index.html
are we really that close to Armageddon?
:-P

> Are there any important open bugs and/or patches that should be taken
> care of first?  Otherwise I would say we single out a CVS snapshot soon
> and make a release out of it.

There has been a fair deal of bug reports filed by RC and Compn which
did not get much attention. I think it would be great of those could
be shoot down.

There is also the mjpeg (transcoding a bunch of jpeg with mf:// to
another format) misdetection bug that does seems to be still unfixed.

> Opinions?

I think it's a great idea, though I though the next release was
supposed to take place once the new server is in hu....

Guillaume
--
MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/